Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should Gaboman Quit His Job?

Go down 
+4
Schmiggens
BratFlorida
Mr. F
gaboman
8 posters

For real, should he just make like a tree and get out of here?
No way, I love seeing him miserable
Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_lcap10%Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Preferably not. I'd like to see him when he comes out for next year's NAMBLA convention
Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_lcap144%Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
He should follow his heart (a.k.a. I don't like giving useful advice)
Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_lcap111%Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I know he's fond of his co-workers, that should be enough reason to stay
 0% [ 0 ]
It's time to move on, man.
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell yeah, screw 'em man!
Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_lcap122%Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Gabo-who?
Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_lcap122%Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Empty
PostSubject: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:12 am

Well, should I?
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:56 am

All jobs suck to some degree or another. Quitting a job just because it sucks doesnt make sense.
Back to top Go down
BratFlorida

BratFlorida

Number of posts : 580
Where I am : Cape Coral FL
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:18 pm

If you hate your job, find another one, then bail. No sense being miserable at work, but also no sense being miserable at home cuz you're broke. All work sucks to some degree, which is why they have to pay you to show up. If it was fun, you'd pay them to get in the place.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:30 pm

The problem is, I don't hate my job. I don't even hate my boss. I like these aspects. I am becoming frustrated with the boss's daughter, who is unfortunately my supervisor. One unreasonable request after another, and it is just starting to get on my nerves.

My biggest problem with finding a new job is I doubt I could find something I like as much, and with a boss I can get along with as well. Though the upside would be, I could probably get about 20% more in my paycheck each month.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:00 am

Sounds a lot like my problem gabo, love the work, love the location, love my co-workers, just hate being under-paid and over-worked and hate one of my bosses.
Same as you, I doubt I could find something I love this much even though I could get more money elsewhere.

We can make a pact and quit our jobs together! And then get shot guns and go back to work and kill them all!!!!!!! Are you in?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:03 am

Errr, that last part is cool, but quit my job? Are you nuts???

I dunno. The other problem is I haven't gotten a Visa through marriage yet (too much mucking around). Currently my visa is through work, and I'd hate to get that cancelled and have to go through the hassle of doing it over again.

Serious, it's easier to get a green card in the US than it is to get a Resident Visa for Taiwan.

Schmigs, you summed up my problem real well. Sounds like we're in exactly the same situation.

I guess a lot of people are Sad
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Preferably not. I'd like to see him when he comes out for next year's NAMBLA convention

Yeppers... that's the one that got my vote. I don't know about the NAMBLA convention part though, bro. I mean, it was scary enough just THINKING that the convention was called that, but to think that you'd be GOING to it, well, that freaks me out. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:25 pm

I voted you quit. You find the one for more money, you give your notice, if they respect you, they offer you more money to stay.

If not, your spinning your wheels there, they will never give you more money.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:07 pm

All work sucks to some degree or another , so go with whatever pays more.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 am

Might as well. Jobs are for suckers. Be jobless like me.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 am

Mr. F wrote:
All work sucks to some degree or another , so go with whatever pays more.

I'm tempted to just do that.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Uh, Gabo, you don't sound happy sometimes with the work situation. We just wanna see ya happy and stuff. Plus we like hearing stories of rebellion to the establishment. Hell yeah.

Thing about changing jobs, it's always a gamble and you could wind up worse off than before. That's why people stay at jobs they hate, they know it might wind up worse.

And it might. But dude, it could go positive, you could do better.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:50 pm

No no no! He has to stay so that he can come back and see us next year! He must! We can't call it the first annual if we don't do it at least two years. See, I had a good point. After that he can quit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Gaboman Quit His Job?   Should Gaboman Quit His Job? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Gaboman Quit His Job?
Page 1 of 1