Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Kids On The Block Are Back!!

Go down 
+7
HECK!
Mr. F
BratFlorida
Illuminate
Dekka00
gaboman
Schmiggens
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Empty
PostSubject: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 am

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE Magazine exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band’s Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early ’90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they’re still “Hangin’ Tough.” The oldest “Kid,” Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band’s demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight’s brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:14 am

Will they re-name themselves "Old Men On The Block"? Smile

They had like 2 hit songs, can they really carry a comeback? At least the Spice Girls had 20 hit songs.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 am

I think the NKOTB guys had at least as many hits as the Spice Girls. But at the same time, I don't think anybody cares anymore. People who liked NKOTB are all grown and ... well, over it.

I followed Joey McIntyre and Jordan Knight's recording careers, and they both have voices... just crap songs. And, of course, Donnie Wahlberg is a pretty good actor. Will he really go in for this? I wouldn't think so, to be honest. Very low-rent, and kind of desperate. The dude can't be that hard up for movie roles.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:15 am

I hated these dudes when I was 5 and I hate them now!
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 pm

They had more than 2 popular songs. Atleast, that's what the gazillion magazine photo clippings on my wall in the early nineties told me...

did I just admit to that?
Back to top Go down
BratFlorida

BratFlorida

Number of posts : 580
Where I am : Cape Coral FL
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I hate to admit it. I have NKOTB on album somewhere. I bought it when I was 20. This is yet another embarrassment similar to Whid telling y'all that I thought Sister Christian was a good song.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:45 pm

Dekka00 wrote:
I hated these dudes when I was 5 and I hate them now!

I hated them then, but now they have that sort of William Hung entertainment factor going for them. You know that feeling when there is a car parked on the tracks and a train is coming. This ought to be good
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:50 pm

What fuckin' demo are these guys going to try to hit?

No tweens are going to dig these guys because their mothers had their cassette's.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:57 pm

I see 2 major groups that would be interested.

1 The few middle aged women that might want to take their daughters to a show

2 The guys that hated them back then and want to see them make jack-asses of themselves now
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I used to be a fan. But I'm in the 2nd group.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:35 pm

The people who were into NKOTB should be in their early 30's now. I hated teaching flute lessons and having all these kids come and talk about that group. I didn't like the group, I just wanted to do my job and not hear which one had the best hair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:40 pm

I wonder if they have hair now
Back to top Go down
enirehtacC

enirehtacC

Number of posts : 115
Where I am : The LBC!
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm in my early 30's & I can say with pride that I was NEVER into New Kids... I think it was because this snotty-potty stuck-up girl in Jr. High liked them & I hated them like I hated her!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:01 am

I only know two songs from NKOTB, I was only becoming aware of pop music and bands and stuff at the tail-end of their career.

But ... it was a hoax anyway:

A New Kids Reunion Is Not Happening… For Now

There has been talk of a New Kids on the Block reunion tour the past few days, but one of the former band members says it's not happening!

Danny Wood just sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

"Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can't believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood"

And Later ...

"More on NKOTB…

Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought "maybe someday we'll get back together" – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on www.NKOTB.com."
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 am

Love how he gets the little plug for his own new album into the announcement. I reckon he started the reunion rumour, just so he could issue a statement denying it and then get some publicity for himself and the album.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Devestated.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 pm

gaboman wrote:
I think the NKOTB guys had at least as many hits as the Spice Girls. But at the same time, I don't think anybody cares anymore. People who liked NKOTB are all grown and ... well, over it.

I followed Joey McIntyre and Jordan Knight's recording careers, and they both have voices... just crap songs. And, of course, Donnie Wahlberg is a pretty good actor. Will he really go in for this? I wouldn't think so, to be honest. Very low-rent, and kind of desperate. The dude can't be that hard up for movie roles.

What movies has the Wahlberg dude been in. I know he was in 6th sense but I can't htink of anything else.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 am

Direct-to-video bullshit. I will give him props, but losing a ton of weight and having 39 seconds in one movie does not beget a good movie star.

Regardless.

Look at our TV shows! Battlestar Galactica, Terminator, Bionic Woman, Knight Rider... and our movies! Dukes Of Hazard, Starsky & Hutch, Mod Squad, etc. etc. etc.

We are so starved of new talent, new ideas we lessen our expecations are so much excited to see things of the past come back.

Enter a new New Kids album.

We are a retarded society. Either you are apart of it or you are against it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 am

Retarded society indeed
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:40 am

Indeed!

That will be my battle cry against my enemies.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Guess I'll put the I Heart Joey shirt back in the closet for another 20 years. Sad
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 pm

BratFlorida wrote:
I hate to admit it. I have NKOTB on album somewhere. I bought it when I was 20. This is yet another embarrassment similar to Whid telling y'all that I thought Sister Christian was a good song.

You also told me that Stairway to Heaven was a loser song, and that people just kind of got together and said it was good. I was quite shocked!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 am

She's not half wrong. I don't think most people who claim to love the song have actually listened to the whole thing. If they did, they'd know at around the 22 minute point, the dudes from Led Zeppelin start laughing their asses off and calling the listeners retarded for listening to the song as long as they did without them having to really play anything. At the 34 minute point, you hear they've gone to bed and accidently left the the recorder on.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:00 am

OK I give up, are they re-uniting or not.

-----

There’s a new ballad on the block!

Nearly 14 years after breaking up, the ’90s boy band New Kids On The Block are back with a new ballad on their official web site.

The song (its name isn’t revealed) plays over a promotional video for the band that says the Kids once had it all – a $1 billion in album sales, millions of fans, with music that “influenced a generation” – but then “walked away from it all.”

The video next teases the a comeback, asking: “Are you ready?”

The song, a source says, was recorded by all five Kids last November in Orlando.
----

They have the Hangin' Tough video on the web site as well.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:40 am

New Kids On The Block Are Back!! 2z9ifpz

It's actually, really happening.

That just looks ... wrong... It's just .... don't know.... hmmmm.... just, don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kids On The Block Are Back!!   New Kids On The Block Are Back!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kids On The Block Are Back!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next