Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Look Back at 2007

Go down 
+5
Lawless
Dekka00
Whidden
Nymphadora
Schmiggens
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

A Look Back at 2007 Empty
PostSubject: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 am

Personally, my big news for 2007 was getting my test results for my Huntingdons Disease text (the hereditary illness that killed my grandad, mother, aunt and others), that I'm all clear and don't have it.

2007 was another great year for Celeb gossip, which you know I love, you can't go past Britney for an on-going story. Collapsing at New Years, in rehab, out, finalising the divorce, suicide attempt (if you believe the rumours) head shaving, vagina flashing, in rehab again, a new b/f, out of rehab again, losing custody of her kids, her comeback "tour", some more rehab, her new album and singles, her "performance" at the VMA, and to finish the year off, her sister's pregnancy. I think 2008 will be just as big a year in Spears related news.

Musically it was a good year too. Britney aside, Rihanna's Umbrella has to have been the biggest song of the year. Justin is milking FutureSex/LoveSounds for all it's worth, Alicia Keys made a come back of sorts. Kylie Minogue came back with a new album, her first after beating breast cancer. Kanye and 50 cent had a bet, Fiddy lost out and whimped out. It was a year of reunions as well ... THE SPICE GIRLS!!!!! In Australia, the Divinyls, and Crowded House got back together.

Movies all seemed to be sequels, more Spiderman, more Harry Potter, more Pirates, more Rocky, more Die Hard, more Aliens v Predater, more, more, more.

Sport, well, Becks moved to LA and brought soccor to the USA in a big way. Australia won the Cricket World Cup. The Ruby World Cup was on in France. Casey Stoner won the MotoGP (Go Casey!).

Big news storys: The Virginia Tech Massacre, Australia has a new PM, Finance news was big all over the world, Climate Change was also a big news story.

What's your memories and thoughts from 2007?
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:24 am

I bought a house and got married, that's pretty big
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:13 am

Schmiggens wrote:
Personally, my big news for 2007 was getting my test results for my Huntingdons Disease text that I'm all clear and don't have it.

That's great news.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:37 am

I bought a house too! I had a holiday to Hong Kong (again) although I didn't get to do as much shopping as I would have liked as we'd just bought the house. We got the car and the motorbike and the credit cards paid off. So all in all it was a pretty good year. Hoping 2008 is even better!!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:39 am

I got promoted at work.

We got a new dog and named him Sparky.

I got a new camera with 15X zoom, a Sony.

Suckiest movie I saw was Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer. Best movie I saw was I Am Legend.

My smoke car I bought this year lost the smoke smell and I'm getting around 25 miles a gallon vs. the 9 miles a gallon I was getting in my old pickup.

I started up at a new board called Inrejects.

I made a business trip to Kentucky, and ate and drank at a German Brewery, the most awesome thing to happen to me in ages.

Got hit by the worst Ice Storm to hit Oklahoma ever, in the history of record keeping, lost a shed and some fence and lots of tree limbs.

I drank lots and lots and lots of beer, and got into some drunken posting.

I got a glass butterfly from Fuscia.

I got a bunch of cactus and planted it in a planter box.

After about an 8 year run with African Chiclids, they all up and died on me in some form of biological/amonia attack, so I kidnapped several Crawdads from the part of the yard that floods, and put them in the fish tank.

I saw quite a few new birds this year that I had not seen before.

I got two long lost Inreviewers, Spaliznad and Larke2000 to join the board.

I read the Dark Tower series a couple of more times.

Went to a couple of funerals.

My night terrors came back with a vengence, almost to the point I'm ready to go see a doctor.

Lost our cat Scarlett.

I turned 39.

Found Amy online from High School.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:44 am

I graduated!!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:19 pm

I am so glad that 2007 is over now... and here are my memories from it, good and bad, and some extremely awful.

Had spinal surgery, and recovered from that.
Dropped 60lbs
Started a beautiful relationship with the love of my life
Had said relationship end, and feel apart, like never before.
Spent time hospitalized for a 5150 (attempted suicide... bad year)
The loss of my 16 year old cat, that just devestated me
Met some of the most incredible friends
Learned so much about myself
Bought the vehicle of my dreams: Xterra
Quit smoking
Stopped spending mass amounts of time online
Found a new addiction: Apricot Ceylon iced tea or tea latte
Grew spiritually

Music: Fell in love with Angels & Airwaves, saw some Broadway musicals, bought a ton of cd's and loaded up my iPod

Movies: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Transformers, Knocked Up, Ratatouilee

Books: I Am Legend, The Message (Bible) Remix: Pause, true crimes

News: So much devestation, all around us, with bombings, killings, and pure hatred. Ignorant people, picketers, violence, death. But, there has been good as well... it just seems to pale in comparison for some reason.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Pippin

Pippin

Number of posts : 884
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Pretty good year for me:

-I had an AMAZINGLY fun year as a senior in high school, had lots of power over my teachers and underclassmen.
-Trashcanned a freshman
-Senior skip-day was the shit
-Graduated
-Gave a speech for graduation
-Went to the Caribbean
-Started college
-Got a 4.0 so far in college so far
-First college party
-First time drunk
-First kiss
-Have a potential boyfriend that I'm pretty excited about
-LOVE living far from my family, it's the best!
-FIRST WHITE CHRISTMAS!!

Not so great:
-I put my dad's car in the ditch
-Cops pulled over for the first time
-Car got totalled

My New Year's Eve was lame, but it could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:37 pm

2007 was okay.

Started the year off in Australia and had a ball. Returned to Taiwan and a week or two later we started up this board. That's definitely been a good ride, and I look forward to coming here and talking shit with people a lot more than I did at any other board. Good times.

We bought a car. 1992 Honda Accord. Using the Smart all day, every day, and having it get banged around in the city just wasn't worth all the money it was costing us. Got a good deal.

Other than that, pretty much nothing happened up until this point.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Pippin wrote:
Pretty good year for me:

-Senior skip-day was the shit

my teachers in high school were bitches.

Two of them scheduled tests on Senior Skip Day. I was angrified.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:31 pm

I forgot to mention I met Boyz II Men. Can't believe I forgot that.
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

Number of posts : 528
Where I am : It's a MAGICAL Leopluerodon, Charly!!

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:12 am

What did I do in 2007? Let's see if I can remember any of it.

-My son started Special Ed. Preshcool and is thought to be autisitc.

-Got to attend a Clay Aiken Concert totally drunk.

-My daughter won a talent contest for singing and got a standing ovation from the entire gymnasium.

-I finally got on some meds for depression and anxiety.

-My oldest daughter lives in the same town as I do now. So, I see her almost five days a week compared to the 2 days I week I used to see her when she lived in another town.

Man, what a boring year for me. That's about all I can remember.

Seeing as most of 2007 was spent in a druken haze.

Heh.
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Invisible_Ink/index.php?act=idx
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:00 am

My folks had two dogs die, both my parents got in separate car accidents, and a family member died right around Christmas. 2007 can suck it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

Number of posts : 528
Where I am : It's a MAGICAL Leopluerodon, Charly!!

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:41 am

Well, I'm raising my shot of schnapps and toasting to a New Year, a better year, a more fullfilling year. Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Invisible_Ink/index.php?act=idx
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:42 am

I'm hoping for a less shitty year. But, new year brings new hopes... that will be crushed as time goes on.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Look Back at 2007   A Look Back at 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Look Back at 2007
Page 1 of 1