Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steve Guttenberg: Box Office God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Steve Guttenberg: Box Office God Empty
PostSubject: Steve Guttenberg: Box Office God   Steve Guttenberg: Box Office God Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

I was thinking about Steve Guttenberg, the dude from Police Academy and several other movies that made it big in the 80's.

I did a little research and discovered that the films Guttenberg has starred in combined made just about half a billion dollars. And that's just domestic (U.S.) box office gross and not counting rental revenue. Not to mention he did this 20 years ago when movies cost about $3 and played on about half the screens they do now. Just check this shit out:

Three Men & A Baby: $167,780,960
Cocoon: $76,000,000
Police Academy: $81,000,000 (sequels made a combined $150,000,000, although he wasn't in the last two)
Short Circuit: $40,000,000

Again, twenty years ago, movies rarely broke $100 million. You really have to multiply that times three to attribute that to today's box office.

Say what you want, but even in an inflated box office era there are few actors who can pull down that dough.

I'd like to thank the Stonecutters for making Guttenberg a star.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down

Steve Guttenberg: Box Office God
Page 1 of 1